Recent Alerts from Nixle
We Continue To Receive Rain And Have Many Areas With Impassible Roads. Please Help Us By Staying Off The Roads.
Burn Ban For Unincorporated Montgomery County
Numerous Roads Are Experiencing Flooding In The District. Please Do Not Drive Into Standing Water. Turn Around Don'T Drown!
South Montgomery County Fire Department
27900 Robinson Road
Conroe, TX 77385
Voice: 281-363-FIRE (3473)
Public Education Overview
Tours, Visits, Parades, Presentations and Speakers
The Fire Department offers the opportunity for citizens to request fire trucks to visit their event, tour a fire station, request SMCFD in a parade, give presentations and safety speeches. Restrictions apply and all request may not be full-filled.
Please try to request at least 2 weeks in advance.
*Please note, your request is not guaranteed. If there is a problem with your request or we can not fullfill it, we will contact you.
*Your request is not guaranteed. Request are processed first come, first serve. If there is a problem with your request or we can not fullfill it, we will contact you.
Escape planning tips
- Pull together everyone in your household and make a plan. Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes. Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan of your home, marking two ways out of each room, including windows and doors. Also, mark the location of each smoke alarm.
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home
- When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choose an outside meeting place (i.e. neighbor's house, a light post, mailbox, or stop sign) a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet after they've escaped. Make sure to mark the location of the meeting place on your escape plan.
- Go outside to see if your street number is clearly visible from the road. If not, paint it on the curb or install house numbers to ensure that responding emergency personnel can find your home.
- Have everyone memorize the emergency phone number of the fire department. That way any member of the household can call from a neighbor's home or a cellular phone once safely outside.
Clear Your Escape Routes
Items that block doors and windows in your home could keep you from escaping in the event of a home fire. And that could mean the difference between life and death. So unblock your exits today! Key to your family’s safety is planning and practicing a home fire escape plan twice a year. Start by identifying two escape routes out of each room, if possible, then make sure that each of those escape routes can be used safely by everyone.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
Expert training and affordable. If you need training in First Aid, CPR, and AED or you just want to know how to keep your loved ones safe, the South Montgomery County Fire Department has great instructors. Through our simulation learning, we offer you the flexibility and convenience to provide you training.
Heartsaver CPR & AED Class
Expert training and affordable. If you need training in CPR, and AED or you just want to know how to keep your loved ones safe, the South Montgomery County Fire Department has great instructors. Through our simulation learning, we offer you the flexibility and convenience to provide you training.